The duties and responsibilities of any new portfolio comprise broadly the same service which we offer to our existing clients, including:
- Responsibility for the day to day Management of residential units
- Actively to search for and provide suitable tenants for the portfolio.
- Liaise with tenants to resolve any issues that arise.
- Regular inspections of the property followed by reports to client.
- Negotiate contracts with sub contractors including maintenance teams and suppliers to ensure the highest level of services are achieved at the most competitive prices.
- Liaise with operations team to ensure agreed work schedules and standards met.
- Ensure procedures in place to deal with after hours and emergency calls.
- Interpreting relevant tenant and landlord legislation and implementing policies.
- Liaise with Solicitors, Accountants, Management Companies, PRTB, Housing Authorities and other relevant organisations associated with the rental and management operations of any portfolio.
- Responsibility for the collection of rental payments and holding clients money in compliance with Property Services Regulatory Authority guidelines.
What MOD Properties have been able to bring to some of our new clients include:
- Re-negotiated contracts and introduced new contractors and suppliers thus reducing expenditure.
- Reduced levels of arrears through a filtering out of unsuitable tenant’s policy.
- Decreased level of tenant turnover by developing a hand’s on approach to tenant liaison
- Increased portfolios occupancy rate
We currently manage over 180 residential lettings for clients, but have plenty of capacity and ambition to achieve more.
We believe that based on our experience, we have developed specialist skills and understanding of what is required to efficiently run property investments.
We are able to offer a “hands on” focused solution that gets the job done at a realistic cost, something, which, is difficult to achieve with larger firms with a property management division.