Whether a potential client is a multi-unit owner or a single unit investor we believe a fundamental element in ensuring any residential investment is a success is the view taken by the client.
As the market has shown us over the last 7 years and in particular the last six months the residential property market is a fast-changing market and landlords must take a professional interest in their investments.
In this regard, MOD Properties view tenants as a key component. For any portfolio to thrive it requires, as the industry commonly refers to them as “good tenants” .
One if not the most important areas is tenant selection, at times a tedious and time-consuming task, however, we believe it pays dividends.
Suitable tenants who stay in situ for long periods help keep a fluid rent and cash flow supply together with a reduction in the capital expenditure associated with tenant turnover.
An active agent/tenant liaison policy is a must to ensure suitable tenant stability.
MOD Properties would offer a pre-letting meeting where we would advise on presentation of the property prior to being placed on the market. We would also advise on statutory requirements in relation to minimum housing requirements. Properties that are prepared and presented correctly will find suitable tenants.
Letting Services offered briefly comprise:
- Pre Letting Meeting advising on how the property should be presented and ensuring minimum housing requirements are met
- Arrange for a BER Certificate (if one not in place)
- Marketing of the property to include: taking of photographs, placement on relevant letting websites such as daft.ie & myhome.ie
- Show the property to potential tenant
- Screen potential tenants and collect references
- Liaise with landlord in relation to tenant selection
- Arrange Residential Tenancies Act 2004 compliant lease agreements to be signed
- Collect booking deposit and first month’s rent
- Tenant check in to include: hand over of keys, provide alarm codes, information on refuse collection, demonstration on how appliances work including heating, change utility services and provide emergency and after hour contact numbers
- Register tenancy with PRTB